How It Works
We believe that ordering your Montainer home should be a seamless, streamlined experience from start to finish. So we have taken home building to the next level with a clean, modern and simple approach to home manufacturing and installation. We provide our clients with a five step process that is transparent and easy to understand. Here is how it works:
1. Preliminary Concept, Feasibility & Pricing Assessment
As soon as you have placed your reservation deposit, our design and project management team will work with you to develop your home design, verify all delivery and permit requirements for your site and provide you with a complete pricing proposal so that you can make your decision to move forward with your Montainer home in confidence.
- Site Evaluation & Delivery/Installation Plan
- Conceptual Floor Plans & Designs
- Local Codes and Feasibility Assessment
- Complete Pricing Proposal
2. Final Design & Permitting
Once our team has presented you with preliminary designs and determined the feasibility and pricing of your Montainer home. The next step is to finalize your design and feature selections and submit the project for permitting to state and local authorities.
- Finalize Your Home Design
- Module Configuration
- Floor Plan
- Color Selections
- Materials & Feature Selections
- Permitting Your Home
- Sign Off For Authorization To Permit
- State Level Permits
- Then, Complete Project Plans Are Submitted For Local Permits
3. Off-Site Home Manufacturing
Once the permits for your home have been issued, it is time to start the build out. Montainer homes are manufactured in our facility in Missoula, Montana and are delivered to your site finished, ready for installation.
- Purchase Orders for all Specified Materials & Features
- Commence Home Buildout
- Mid-Construction Inspections For State & Local Code Compliance
- Complete Buildout & Home Modules
- Prepare Modules For Shipment & Delivery to Site
4. On-Site Foundation & Utility Preparation
One of the highest values of the Montainer process are compressed build times. Site work is completed simultaneously with the prefabrication of your home. This means that all site preparation work such as foundation and utility connections are performed prior to the delivery of your home from our manufacturing facility.
- Site Preparation
- Excavation & Trenching
- Utility Connections & Stub Outs
- Foundation Installation
- Local Permit Inspection
5. Delivery & Installation
Once your site work has been completed and your home is ready for shipment from our facility, it is time to install your home and complete the project. This is typically the fastest part of the entire process. Going from delivery and installation to move in can take as little as a few days.
- Shipment & Delivery to Your Site
- Crane Set & Weather
- Attachment to Foundation & Utility Stub Outs
- Final Installation Permit Inspection
- Move Into & Enjoy Your Montainer Home